Vanderloo and White Animal Hospital was opened in the 1920’s by Dr. Vivian Vanderloo of Coon Rapids, Iowa. Originally, the clinic was located further east on Asbury Road. In 1954 the clinic was moved to its current location at 3350 Asbury Road to better serve its rural farm clients. Around this same time Dr. Merrill Vanderloo joined his father in practice and continued mainly farm animal veterinary medicine. Dubuque has grown considerably around the clinic along with the small animal veterinary needs of the community. Vanderloo and White Animal Hospital continues to serve both small and large animal clients to this day.
Prior to Dr. Merrill Vanderloo’s retirement, Dr. Michael White joined the practice in 1978. Dr. Phil Olson joined 1985 and Dr. Adam White joined the practice in 2012. Dr. Michael White, Dr. Phil Olson and Dr. Adam White are the current veterinarians practicing at the hospital today and continue to provide small and large animal care to Dubuque county.
To accommodate the areas expanding companion animal needs, Vanderloo and White Animal Hospital acquired a second location at 1865 Central Avenue beginning in 2017. Previously Central Animal Hospital, Vanderloo and White look forward to continuing the same level of animal care provided by Dr. Kutsch since his founding of Central Animal Hospital in 1981.